Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SOMETHING OLDHAM, SOMETHING NEW





If you grew up in the 90s, then you have a soft spot in your heart for certain American designers: Anna Sui, Isaac Mizrahi, Perry Ellis (the Marc Jacobs collection especially), and of course, Todd Oldham. I mean, C'mon, "Todd Time" on MTV's House of Style was the hautest thing on tv, hands down.

I remember Oldham's bright bold sense of color and whimsy. And, with all the color blocking coming down the runways for the past year, I can't help but think back to Oldham's offerings. So, I was super stoked when I saw this pretty printed perfect-for-summer sundress courtesy of Mr. Oldham himself. I figure I can match it with my combat boots, a chunky Dries sweater and harken back to a time when Nirvana ruled the airwaves, I was sneaking into Max Fish and chic accessories of the era included lollipops, glowsticks and furry animal backpacks. True story.